Obtaining a “green card” indicating lawful permanent residency in the U.S. is the chief goal of most of our clients. Lawful permanent residency enables you to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. Our firm will assist you with the providing the most efficient path to obtaining your goals of becoming a U.S. permanent resident.
There are two broad categories of permanent visas.
Family-based immigrant visas
- You are an immediate relative of U.S. citizens, such as parent, child or spouse
- You are the adult child, married or unmarried, of a U.S. citizen
- You are the spouse or unmarried child of a legal permanent resident
- You are the brother of sister of a U.S. citizen
- You are being adopted by a U.S. citizen
- You are a foreign national in a same-sex marriage with U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- You are a conditional resident and want to apply for removal of conditions
Employment-based immigrant visas
- Managers and executives of multinational businesses transferred to the U.S. for a temporary assignment
- Immigrants with advanced degrees and performing work in the national interest
- Immigrants with permanent job offers and a Bachelor degree or higher, or extensive work experience
- Outstanding professors or researchers
- Immigrants with extraordinary ability in business, arts, or sciences
- Immigrant investors with substantial funds invested in the U.S.
- Religious workers and ministers whose services are required by their non-profit religious organization
Some employment-based applications require you to go through a process called Program Electronic Review Management (PERM). This is a procedure by which the U.S. Department of Labor certifies a lack of qualified U.S. workers in your job category. We can help you navigate this as well.