Temporary Work Visas

If you wish to enter the U.S. temporarily, a non-immigrant visa permits you to travel to a U.S. port of entry and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security to visit for a specific purpose, such as work, school, a conference, or to visit the country, friends, or family.

The length of time you can stay depends on the type of visa. A person admitted under one status can change status to stay longer or perform different activities. Several types of non-immigrant visas also allow you to extend your status and your stay in the U.S.

We can help you determine the right visa category for you and help you change status if necessary. We can also obtain legal status and work authorization for dependent family members.

The most commonly requested temporary working visas include

  • H1-B  (Specialty occupations, typically requiring a Bachelor’s degree; limited number of slots)
  • L-1A & L-1B  (Intra-company transfers)
  • E-1  (Treaty traders)
  • E-2  (Treaty investors)
  • Employees of E-1 and E-2 visa holders
  • H-2A Agricultural and H-2B Non Agricultural Workers
  • H–3 Non-immigrant Trainees
  • O-1  (Individuals of Extraordinary Ability or Achievement)
  • TN  (NAFTA Professionals)
  • P-1  (Performers, including athletes, artists and entertainers, and their spouses and children)
  • R-1  (Religious workers)